Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Belli Challenge #60 Bookmark "Flight"


The Belli challenge for today is bookmarks. I've been seeing these bookmarks around, but never got around to making one. Wish I would have sooner! So much fun! I selected Styled Silver Hodgepodge hardware from SU. The brown and pink ribbon was pretty wide so I had to bring out the Crop-a-dile to make one of the holes bigger on the hardware so the ribbon could go through. I punched a hole in the ribbon on the back and folded up the brad ends into the layer of ribbon. That way the ends of the brad would be concealed. Once that was done I use Crystal Effects to glue the ribbon in down and along the raw edge so it would unravel. Stamp is an Inchie set from Ink-a-dink-a-do. Butterfly charm I found a pack of them at Pat Catan's for .50 cents! I was happy about that! I used a small clip on the other end of the brown ribbon. That was an after thought. At first I was just going to tie a knot, but when I got to thinking about it I thought the clip would be great as now I can clip the bookmark to the page in a book. Pretty smart of me!
#########################################################
That's all for now readers. Got to get busy stamping more stuff so I can share with you!!!!
Stamping trails
Karen 205

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Karen....what a super cool idea to use the hodgepodge hardware for the bookmark and I love the beautiful butterfly image!!!

Joanne Travis said...

So beautiful. Karen! Love your use of the hardware.

Danita said...

Hello Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your bookmark turned out AWESOME!!! I started one of these and couldnt find an image I liked to put in the hardware lol. I love the image you found and colored it sooo pretty!!!
Awesome job with this challenge!!!

Holly said...

This is such a great idea!! I never would have thought to use the hardware to create a bookmark - now THAT is creative! LOVE the butterfly charm at the end - so pretty!

Anne Harada said...

What an awesome ribbon bookmark! Holy moly, I love it!! I need to make some of these, what great gifts!! Awesome job Karen!!