Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Let's Twist..Tutorial Tuesday


As promised I'm back with pictures and directions to make that twist card I shared with you last week.
 "This card will fit into a standard A2 size envelope"
Okay lets get started.

Start with a piece of cardstock cut 4 1/4 x 11 inches.


Place the cardstock on an angle on the Simply Scored tool. I placed the corners at the 6" mark. Score the cardstock from one corner starting at the top and continue to score to the bottom corner.


Fold the cardstock over at the scored line. Your cardstock should look like the picture.



Turn the folded piece of cardstock over and put the straight edge at the top of the Simply Scored tool with the center at the 6 inch mark. I used a pencil to show you where the score line needs to be.  Score.



After you fold the cardstock over at the score line your card should look like the picture.



Now that the card is made you'll want to make some layers for it using designer paper. Start by cutting a sheet of designer paper to 3 3/4 x 10 1/2 . Now take that piece to the cutting tool. Angle the paper in the cutter tract and cut corner to corner.




Take the two pieces of designer paper and lay one on top of the other as shown in this picture. It will look like the folded cardstock did after it was scored and folded. 


Take the paper back to the cutter and cut in the center. You will now have 4 pieces of cut designer paper that will fit in the two pockets and two pieces that will fit on the two outside pockets.


This is how the card will look after the designer paper is adhered to the base card. 




Since I was making this tutorial I decided to use my base card to make another twisted card. For the front panel I decided to use a new set Toxic Treats I also added another layer on the front pocket so I would have a solid space to stamp the word. See that cute little frog in the corner? Love it!


Here you can see the inside card. I added another stamped image layered on more Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer series paper.

Hope you liked this tutorial. If you have questions about it just post a comment and I'll try to answer them for you.

Stamping trails
Karen 

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Karen, That is such a neat card! Thanks so much for the tutorial! I plan on trying this! What size envelope does this fit in? TFS!

Krafting Karen said...

Glad you liked the card. To answer your question the finished card will fit into a standard A2 size envelope.

Cherie said...

Great! Thanks for answering! Now I know I will make a few of these.

Jan Farring said...

HI Karen

Your tutorial is great - when I cut the DSP, I end up with a little "not fitting" on the bigger pieces. Is it me, or is this normal. In other words, when I stick the big pieces in place, some overlays!

Just wanted ti make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks for any help

Jan