Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me



All Aboard! Called the Conductor. Sarah and Skip took me to the Tow Path yesterday for my birthday. We had lunch first then went to the station. The path is just a bike and hiking trail now with the trains running so bikers can ride one way then bike back. It use to be used to push the boats through the locks. Back when Cleveland had lots of industry, and they were shipping things back and forth.




We gave the guys working on the trains the bikes then they stowed them in a freight car. We got to ride in the passenger car.




One of the bridges along the way. Since my knee has been giving me a pain lately we decided to get off at the Brecksville exit. The ride back was a little over 6 miles. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Sunny, dry, and in the mid 60's. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to see more of Fall colors. Trees will start turning really nice colors come mid October.




I wanted to get a picture of all of us on the bikes. Since Skip has long arms he held out the camera to get all of us in.

Since today will not be as warm and the rain returns I'll be staying warm and dry at home for my birthday. Planning to make some banana chocolate chip muffins instead of a cake. I'll also be working on a Halloween outfit for my niece's American Girl doll. She is going to be a pumpkin. I started working on it yesterday. Cute project. I'll post when I'm finished.

Happy birthday to me....trails
Karen 

1 comment:

littlebitoftoto said...

Karen...HAPPY BIRTHDAY... I love having a September birthday....we get all kinds of weather to celebrate with! Looks like you had a great time...good continued luck on your weigh loss...;)