Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Friends Favs


After seeing this cute project in a recent Stampin Success magazine I knew I had to make them for Christmas gifts. Of course I didn't have the pocket die, but I added that to the birthday order, and I already had the two tags die. I like the personal touch this gift has by hand writing the list of my friends favorites. I know they will see this early, but hey I'm counting on them forgetting about it between now and Christmas so they will still be surprised. 

The doctor told me that there are three places in the knee that arthritis forms in. I only have it in one place (behind the knee). The front of my knee is fine. As far as knee replacement maybe one day or not at all, just a resurfacing may need to be done. Since the cortisone shot is working I can get them every three months. She also put me on Diclofena 75MG for when my knee flares up. Although after reading the possible risks with taking this drug I may just pass on taking it. 

Made homemade spaghetti sauce yesterday. The family liked it. Only complaint was the color. I should have taken a pic of it but forgot to. Since the recipe used a small amount of carrots, when I pureed it the sauce wasn't red any more. Took on orange huge, but the taste was great. I used my fresh basil and of course carrots, and maters from the garden. I think I'll have more luck with this recipe using a food processor. MIL Kate is going to get me on for Christmas this year. Can't wait! 

This afternoon I'll be off to babysit...I tell the girls they are too old (or I'm) to old for it to be called babysitting. I prefer Nanny. I can be Mary Poppins. Hey where can I get that flying umbrella? Going to rain on Friday so I just might need it! 

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Karen,

Very cute however, eyelets are NOT my fave brads are.