Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blue and Yellow Grocery Bag Holder

I made this for Sarah's kitchen. I didn't have any gray fabric in my stash but thanks to Kat for sending me a big box of fabric last birthday I had wonderful blues and yellows to use. I still may go and get some gray fabric and make her another one. Secretly I'm still hoping she'll go with blue instead of gray:) Found the pattern to make this on Pintrest, and the only thing I changed was the addition of the fabric flower.

Sarah is going to be 30 in November so I'm wrapping 30 presents for her to open. This will be one of them.
She wants a chrome garbage can with a foot lift lid so I'm going to wrap the gifts and put them in that!

Here is a close up shot of the flower. I used Fun Flowers Bigz Sizzix die to cut them out. There are three layers of each petal in two different colors. After the cutting was finished I layered them  together, and punched a hole in the center with the Cropidile. Then I took a length of ribbon and knotted it twice in the center. The ends were then threaded through the hole and pulled tight. The knot in the ribbon holds the layers together. I mixed a little glue with some water and brushed it over the fabric layers and scrunched them up. Couldn't have a flat flower right? Click on the image to get a closer look.

Knee is doing much better this morning. I did take the bike for a little ride around the block yesterday evening. Then I got off it, and walked another block. Trying to ease into it, as it is still not 100%. Just thankful that it is getting better!

Me and John are going to drive up to North Olmsted mall and visit Half Price Books. John has about 30 books he wants to trade in. Me I just want to shop!

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: