Friday, August 31, 2012

Thrift Store Find and Refections of a Fat Girl

So me and John were out yesterday afternoon thrift store shopping. Something that my brother Tony got me doing years ago, and of course both my kids love to shop at the thrift stores and the Goodwill. Anyway......I was looking at the dishes and my eye found this bowl. Now I remember this well. The bowl is Melmac, and made during the 40's through the 60's. My mom had this color of dishes. I haven't seen any in years and just had to have it. Only cost me a dollar.
I show it to John and he goes oh this will be perfect for a food and water dish for Burbank. Now I love my cat but have no intention to give it to him for his food. Nope this is my bowl, and will find a place in the kitchen cupboard. I'm thinking chip and dip bowl.
This is yesterdays bounty from the garden. Lots of tomatoes, a head of cabbage, and hot peppers. I had to water yesterday as we are not due to have any more rain till Sunday and Monday. Looks like me may be getting some of the rain from the Hurricane. Today it is suppose to be in the mid 90's. Way to hot for me! So I'll get the workout done early in the morning.


I spent part of yesterday morning going through some of my clothes. I was able to donate some of the items that I "shrunk" out of. Wow is that a good feeling. I also came across one pair of pants that I kept from when I was at my largest size. When I reach my goal weight I'll be able to show you pics of me standing in them. I put them on and was just amazed at how large I really use to be. Boggles the mind. I know I lost a lot of weight but as it comes off slowly the change is gradual and you don't see the full scope of the picture till you stand in your old pants. Glad I kept them.

Happy last day of August. I have no idea where this month went but it seemed to fly by!



We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: