Sunday, August 19, 2012

More Knot Bags

Thought I'd share a few more bags with you. I'm making 25 of these to give for Christmas gifts. Some are going to my Red Hat sisters, others to friends and family. Since I've received some questions about the bags I wanted to post some answers.

You can use interfacing as shown with this pink butterfly bag. It is a little more difficult to turn if you use the interfacing. I prefer not to use it. I think the bag is a little to stiff when hanging from the wrist, so I'm not making any more with the interfacing. You can also mix up the bottoms and use the lining fabric for them. I did that with the red and gold bag. Hubby who doesn't really comment a lot over my projects really loved the red and gold one.
And here you can see what the bag looks like before it is "knotted". The smaller handle just loops over the larger one. The bags take two fat quarters to make. One for the outer bag, and one for the inner bag. I found the pattern while surfing Pinterest. Designer Helen Heath. Her blog is: http://showyourworkings.wordpress.com

I was having some problems with her pattern, so I looked around again and also found a pattern from Mirwood Designs for the bag. Mostly the same, but there is a few differences. I was having problems with the handles, but the diagrams from Mirkwood helped. Seam allowance 1/4". Hope this has answered your questions. Thanks for asking!



 Stamping trails
 Karen

No comments: