Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Washer Jewlery

I have been seeing decorated washers around on Pinterest then again in the new issue of stampin success (demo magazine) and I knew I had to make some. Went out into the garage and raided hubby's stash of washers to create these. This first one uses two washers different sizes. The circle punch from the punch pack is the perfect size to punch out the center of the designer paper, then I used a 1 inch and punched again to get the size needed to cover the smaller washer. The larger washer needed a 3/4 circle punch for the center and 1 1/4 for the outside. After covering the washers with a thick layer of crystal effects I added a bit of fine glass glitter. I let these dry over night. After they were dry I used silver wire to attach the ghost charm to the large washer, then glued the top washer to the bottom one with more crystal effects. The designer paper used is retired SU paper. Rat tail cording used to turn it into a necklace.
Did these washers the same way. I even covered a square nut because....you know..... sometimes you feel like a nut.....sometimes you don't!

Stamping trails
Karen

1 comment:

Pat Baker said...

These look great, Karen! It's a little hard to gauge the size, but if you did the sides of the square one, I see "drawer pull"! (with the bolt through the center) Even the washers would dress up a small knob for a drawer pull!