Thursday, November 8, 2012

Scallop Circle Santa



Remember the Snowman scallop circle tag from a few days ago? Had to make a Santa tag. Isn't he a jolly old elf? 

Okay on to the punches used as I'm sure you will want to make some too.


2- 3/8" scallop circle for base, 1 -3/4" next layer, 1- 1/4" for top layer. Layers done in Real Red, face was done in Pink Pirouette.
Hat made with bird from Bird Builder punch. I just cut off the little tail part. White scallop used on the hat brim was done with scallop oval punch. After punching it with white I just cut out what I needed for the brim. 
3/8" circle punch used for hat pom pom, and red nose. For the mustache I used Blossom Petals Builder punch. Eyes Owl Builder punch. 
Belt buckle 1/4" square punch: first I punched on silver glimmer paper leaving enough room around the area that was punched out to trim around the square. Strip of black cardstock for the belt. 
I sponged around the red layers with white craft ink. Nose and pom pom were popped with dimensionals. Also used them in between the layers. Word Merry is from  Tiny Tags stamp set.
Just love this little guy! 
 
Making pumpkin muffins for "my" girls today as I won't be watching them on Friday. I need to start planning the Thanksgiving menu and start stock piling the food. Don't want to wait till the last minute to shop. Plus I just love to shop! 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 



No comments: