Friday, May 10, 2013

Flower Pot Card


So I was making this card the other day and Skip walks in. He goes I know what those are! Those are pansies. Well I'm glad he can tell what my punch art pieces are. 
These are pretty simple to make using a butterfly punch from SU. I used Shimmery White cardstock, and after using the punch I misted them till little puddles of water formed. Next I took an aqua painter and Wisteria Wonder re-inker and added that to the wings. Next color for the center was Crushed Curry re-inker, and lastly I used Elegant Eggplant just around the outside edges. After they were dry I added black lines to the center with a marker then layered two of the punches together and added a brad. 
I used a tutorial on Splitcoast for the flower pot. You can view the tutorial  here
View of the card insert. Flower pot was made with Calypso Coral card stock and embossed with the hexagon embossing folder.
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: