Monday, May 27, 2013

Mailable Monday #13


Just a very simple card. I didn't even use a layer on this one. 
Started with a white cardstock base. Stamped the greeting then masked off the area below and above it using post in notes. 

To give the card some depth I started sponging with More Mustard (going to be retired soon and I will miss that color!). The flowers from Secret Garden stamp set were inked with the following colors:
Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum, and Pear Pizzazz. 

See how the top row of flowers have a more water color look? I used a technique that I believe is called Teflon craft sheet ink and swipe
 
Very easy to do. Using the teflon craft sheet (Ranger) swipe a color on it using dye based ink. Then mist it a little bit with water. Ink up a stamp with the color then stamp on the cardstock. I was able to get all three colors on the teflon sheet before I misted them with water. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: