Saturday, May 18, 2013

VC Rocks Blog Hop #2 Hostess Gifts


Welcome to another VC Rocks Blog Hop. Theme for this one is Hostess Gifts, and Booking incentives. 

Since SU has Washi tape in the upcoming catalog I wanted to make something with it. I thought these little washi tape covered tea light candles would be a great booking incentive. 
Simple to make just wrap the tape around the silver part of the candle and add matching color cardstock using the 2 3/8 scallop circle punch. I put them into cello bags and added a tag using Label Love stamp set also something new in the upcoming catty. 


I'm so happy with how my cardholder came out. This would make a great Hostess gift. 
Stamp set Papaya Collage
Color Pallet: Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush, Crumb Cake, and Vanilla


Here is a look at the 6 cards I made to go inside the holder. The beauty of this project is you use the leftovers from the cardholder as layers on the 3x3 cards. Gotta love that! 
Now I'm sure you will want to make one of these so I have a tutorial for you! 


Start with a 12x12 piece of cardstock. I used Crumb Cake. Stamp the entire area. I also used the jumbo Very Vintage wheel. Think of making a one sheet wonder when you are stamping the cardstock. 


Turn the stamped cardstock over and score at

3 1/2, 4 1/4, 7 6/8, and 8 1/2
Then rotate the cardstock 90 degrees and score again using the same measurements. 

Cut out the 4 corners up to the second score line on each corner. These cut corners are what you will use to create the layers on the 3x3 cards. I used different punches with the leftover corner pieces. 
Click on the images for a closer look. 
I also used a corner rounder on the corners of the cardholder. You can decorate the top of the cardholder as desired. I added a natural ribbon bow, bird, and scallop circle. 
Hope you enjoyed my projects. Click here to visit the VC Rocks Blog as I'm sure you will like to see the other great Hostess Gifts made by our members. 

Thanks for stopping by

Stamping trails
Karen


6 comments:

Stamper Shirley said...

Lovin' your projects .... the tea light candles are so simple but great! And your card holder is perfect for the gifts we all need - all the time. I will be making a few of these to have on hand. Thanx for the instructions.

Carey said...

Oh both of these projects are great. I always have the tea light candles around so I could use these as gifts. Thanks for the great ideas and instructions.
Carey and Roscoe

Patrice Herrera said...

Karen. these are super cute. Great way to use Tea Lights.

Stace said...

I have a TON of tea lights. guess who I am casing :)

Krafting Karen said...

LOL Stace! Case away. I have a ton of them also. Planning to give them away with birthday gifts.

inkedx2 said...

Great projects Karen! Thanks for the tutorial also.