Friday, May 3, 2013

Tulips


I'm not the first to use the Owl Builder punch to make tulips, and chances are I won't be the last, but
I did want to put my spin on this concept. 
I went to the scrap cardstock bin, and found a Crumb Cake piece that had already been cut with the Top Note die. I stamped that with French Script background (retired). 
For the tulips I punch six of the owl body using vanilla cardstock. 
With sponge daubers I added Cherry Cobbler, and Daffodil ink. 
I layered two of the owl bodies together offsetting them just a bit. 
Greeting is from Vintage Verses (SAB)
Color Pallet: Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive


My inspiration for the coloring were my own tulips. These are blooming now in my backyard. The ones I have planted in the front haven't bloomed yet but they are getting close. The front of the house doesn't get the morning sun so those flowers take a bit longer to bloom.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: