Monday, May 13, 2013

Mailable Monday #11



I used Faux Paint technique on today's cards. It just gives the cards a nice splash of color. Love the new in line colors from Stampin'Up!
Color Pallet: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Early Espresso, and white.

Stamp set Blooming with Kindness, and Oh Hello

Had a nice visit with Sarah yesterday. We had dinner at home. Didn't want to try to eat out as I know the restaurants would have been packed for Mother's Day.  Didn't get to lay on the chaise lounge chair as it was a mere 48 degrees yesterday. BRRRRRR. Skip was worried about the plants that he had put in the garden. I told him they should be alright as it didn't frost. I also reminded him that my mom always said not to plant till after the 15th of May. I'll be babysitting later today. Other than that no real plans. Just trying to stay warm!
Stamping trails
Karen 


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

An old Farmer told me to take a flat bed sheet and cover the plants, weight down with rocks on the corners. Depending on how large, you may have to use 2-3 sheets. It will keep any frost off the leaves and protect them.
I have to wrap 2 Gardenis bushes I put out (too big to drag back inside!) Hope this helps.

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Cheryl. It helped. I think all the little baby plants survived the night.