Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


This is the second year that my mom has passed. I lost her the week before Mother's day two years ago. 
Missing you mom!

I made this card for my friends who are also mothers. Simple no layer card using Tea Shoppe stamp set. 
Color Pallet: Pacific Point, So Saffron, and Baja Breeze. 
Base card is natural white. I inked the first cup with the ink pad then used a aqua painter to drag ink across the other two cups. I wanted to use the same color but allow  each cup to have its own look. 
Steam rising from the cups was also made with the aqua painter using Baja Breeze. 
Table cloth also uses Papaya Collage. Most of the table cloth was made with a stamping sponge and So Saffron ink. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's day. Not sure what I'll be doing today. Maybe I'll get Skip to get take out for dinner, and I'll just lay on the chaise lounge and enjoy the sunshine. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: