Saturday, May 25, 2013

Washi Tap Notebook and Embossed Pen


So I'm playing with some new washi tape and trying to decide how I want to use it. 
First thing quick and easy notebook. I stared out by cutting a piece of white cardstock to cover the notebook. Then I added the washi tape then stamped the upper portion using Summer Silhouettes.
Color Palette matches the tape colors: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Pear Pizzazz. 
 
Then I got a little creative.........
 
 
I pulled out the stick part of a ink pen and wrapped it with washi tape. Next I inked up the pen cap with VersaMark and embossed it with pewter embossing powder. Now I was doing this project a few days ago early in the morning. Hubby comes in and sees that I'm putting a plastic cap under my heat tool and he asks "should I get the fire extinguisher"? 
Funny guy I'm married to. The plastic is thick enough not to melt you just have to move fast and not hold it under the heat to long. I used a pair of long nose tweezers to hold the cap while heating. 


And take a look at that...I even embossed the cap at the other end of the pen. For that I put the cap in place in the pen, tapped it in VersaMark then embossed. 

I don't know if I'll be heat embossing caps again, but I will use the washi tape on the stick part of the pen to have a matching one to go with a notebook. 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: