Friday, February 16, 2018

Family Shaker ATC


Well I'm back today to share what I am doing

with black and white photos.

I have about 75 of these photos that I just don't know who

the family members are. So I decided to make some artist trading cards

with them, and some other upcoming projects. 

This one I turned into a shaker using some gold glass beads, and mixed color small

seed beads. 


Lets start with some basic info on how I used the Fuse Tool to make shakers. 

Very important to let the tool heat up for 30 minutes. 

Next thing to remember never use glitter in the shakers. Why you ask?

Because the glitter will stick to the inside plastic due to the static. 

Now this is a way that cut down on the static. I use a new dryer sheet, and
 
rub it on the inside of the pocket. I also used it to wipe down the photo. This trick
 
works well with the small beads, and sequins, but not with the glitter. 
 
The dresses on the girls I colored with dye markers. The rest of the photo I left natural. 
 
The plastic frame was white, but I wanted it to look more vintage so I sponged on 
 
some brown ink. The frame was attached to the outside of the shaker using Glossy Accents. 
 
I might add that Glossy Accents works so well as glue! 
 
The greeting is from my favorite word set by See-D's called A Word of Two. 
 
I thought forever young was perfect for the young ladies in the photo. 
 
 
Now I shouldn't say that I don't know any of the girls as I do know

one of them. The girl on the far right is my Aunt Sarah. Her nickname was Toots. 

Given to her by her dad....who I think had a good sense of humor. 

Was my daughter Sarah named after my Aunt? Why yes part of her name came

from her. The middle name of Jane was from my middle name along with

my Grandmother Lucy Jane. But please don't tell my daughter, as she was

really named after my favorite Dr. Who companion...Sarah Jane Smith.


Here is the stack of black and white photos. Love working with black and

white photos as they have a glossy finish, and are easy to color using dye based markers. 
 
Heading over to Betty's today to do some stamping.
 
Have a great weekend! 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: