Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Non Traditional Christmas Colors


I was inspired the other day by my blogging buddie Chris She made the card with non traditional Christmas colors. On my card I used Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, and Taken with Teal. The background is something new that I came up with, someone has most likely done this before but it was new to me. I ran confetti cardstock through the Cuttlebug folder. Then opened the folder up but left the cardstock still in the folder. Next I took SU watercolor wonder crayons and scribbled over the embossing. Removed the cardstock from the folder and misted with a little bit of water to make the colors blend better. I wanted a little bit of shine so I tapped a VersaMark spot over the raised areas once the cardstock was dry, then sprinkled with clear embossing powder, heat. I also found that putting the damp cardstock under the A plate of the Cuttlebug helps the cardstock to lay flat while its drying.
The tree is just three scallop punches that I cut and layered to look like a tree. To the scallops I added some Snow Writer paint, then added ultra fine glitter while the paint was still wet.
Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. I'm just about there. Been cleaning. We have company coming over Christmas day and then again on Saturday. Busy, busy!!!!
Stamping Trails
Karen 217

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is lovely. Thank you for explaining how you made it.