Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winter Bird






I have been working on this card all week. Didn't start out like this. Just took on a mind of it's own after awhile! Stamp set is Winter Birds by Stampendous. Background is a retired SU background stamp Musical Notes. Carmel color snowflake was made with Spellbinders Snowflake dies. I had to add Diamond Dust to the flake. If you haven't used diamond dust it's really cool! It just ground glass. I got a little bit of Cranberry Crisp ink on the vanilla cardstock right over the bird's head so I had to cover that up somehow. Broke out the word window punch and Small Script both from SU. I found the ribbon at Big Lots of all places. It matched the Cranberry cardstock just perfectly! Just love when those things happen.

Tried to take a close up so you could see the detail on the snowflake. And speaking of snow.......we got 2 inches last night. So it's not much. I do have to venture out of my nice warm house to do the grocery shopping. JOY!!! I really don't like to grocery shop. But it's either I go or hubby goes, and let me tell you it's not a good thing when hubby goes. Won't go into that now.


Hope everyone stays warms and have a great weekend!!!!!

Stamping Trails.
Karen 218

No comments: