Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Card and Corn



My friends are still sending me encouragement cards. I have been getting slow at sharing them with you. I received this one today from Kat. I had to call her and ask about the punch under the flower. I wanted her to punch some for me. Turns out that she had borrowed that punch from another friend, but was was willing to send me the punches that she did while the punch was on loan to her. Thanks Kat!!! You're a doll!!!! Another thing I found out....this is a Martha Stewart punch. YIKES!!! I really don't like Martha but I do like this punch!


Now on to the corn......We are having a Christmas Potluck at my job today. I'm planning to just pack my lunch as always. Don't want to be tempted to eat the wrong food this close to the holiday. I did want to bring in a dish to share and found this recipe on the WW site. It's really good!!!!
Creamy Corn
2 tsp butter
1/4 cups scallions minced
2 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup fat free milk
1/8 tsp salt, and pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and saute until soft. Add corn and saute a bit more. Add flour and stir to coat the corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 10 to 12 minutes.
I tripled the recipe for the potluck. After I finished cooking time I transferred it to a crock pot so it could be taken to work.
Stamping Trails
Karen 218

No comments: