Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birds in the Window



Back again with Serene Silhouettes. Love this set! Today I used white cardstock for the base. Stamped the birds on the branch image using Early Espresso ink. Using watercolor paper I first punched with 1 inch square punch. Then centered the opening with the 1 1/4 square punch and punched again. This gave me the window pane. For the base of the window I punched the watercolor paper again with the 1 3/8 square punch.

 

 


Here is a close up view of the window. I stamped the base of the window with the birds. I didn't like the flat look of the birds and wanted some color. So I inked the stamp with Cherry Cobbler and stamped on white cardstock, then cut the birds out. Not an easy thing to do as the birds are small, but oh so worth the overall effect it gives. The birds were popped and also the window pane. The window was then glued over the stamped image on the base card. So this is pretty much the color blocking technique with just a little extra with the window. Word came from Perfectly Penned stamp set.

I did some biking yesterday. Was a little cool riding in shady spots and down hill. Glad I wore my light jacket. After dinner me and Skip went hiking at Plum Creek. That was fun. Perfect day for long hike. I'll be out and about today as I have orders to deliver. I also am in desperate need of some mini glue dots so you know what that means........off to Pat Catan's!

Stamping trails
Karen