Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Too Hot Snowman Needed



It was 93 degrees here yesterday, and suppose to be 95 degrees today. If I ever needed a snowman I need one today! Base card white, layer Marina Mist that was embossed with dot embossing folder. Sizzlits Large Delicate Doilies die used with Soft Suede. Snowman was stamped, cut,and colored with markers. Large scallop circle punch with Tangerine Tango cardstock, layered on white. The Delicate Doily die has three different doilies on it. I used the one with the circle in the center to run the ribbon through. To get the nice knot in the center after putting both ends through the doily I tied left ribbon end over right, then right ribbon end over left and didn't pull the ribbon ends very tight. This leaves a nice knot in the center. Stamp set Snow Much fun.

I'll be jumping on the bike soon to get a ride in before it gets to hot. That's what I did yesterday I left the house at 8 am and got back around 9:30. Worked out pretty well. I doubt if I'll be working in the garden today. I'll water later in the day. I think after the bike ride I'll be enjoying my stamping studio. I'll be posting projects soon for Christmas in July. I can't believe that June is more than half over.

Today is also the Summer Solstice. The longest day of the year. Old Fashioned Days also starts today. Its a fair that they have in Brunswick every summer. I took some pictures of the fair yesterday. They have it on the high school grounds. I stopped while riding the bike and watched them putting up some of the booths. I'll share those pictures on tomorrow's post.

And last but not least today is my dear friend Kathy's birthday. Happy Birthday Kat! Love ya bunches. Hope you and Joe are having a blast on your mini vacation.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: