Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quint-Essential Flower Birthday


  Like I tell all my stamping friends there are no "oops" in stamping only happy accidents, and stamping
opportunities. Read on.

On the first view of the birthday card I stamped "it's your day" in Pacific Point ink but as I've done many times before I stamped it crooked. Instead of starting over I reinked the stamped and used a scrap piece of white cardstock to stamp the staying again. Then it was cut out and I added the banner look by cutting off the end portion using a square punch. I love this single stamp! So many different ways you can punch and layer it! I first used the large scallop circle punch on Tangerine Tango cardstock. Then inked the stamp with So Saffron, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango inks and used matching punches to punch the different colors out. Popped the last layer and added a rhinestone. The little flower that is stamped on the Tango layer is from the new Hostess set Four Seasons. This little stamp goes perfect with Quint-Essential stamp.

I even did the inside of the card to match. Didn't want to waste the Pacific Point since I had only used just a small circle of it on the front. I'm going to enjoy playing with this single stamp!

Stamping trails Karen

No comments: