Tuesday, December 4, 2018

When all else fails Drink Wine



All you need is wine? 

Back for day 2 of using only things I have in the stamping studio. 

This is turning out to be a good challenge for me already, as I'm 

using stuff the hasn't seen the light of day for some time. 

I started with a layer of watercolor paper. 

Next I inked a piece of acetate (which was a bit larger than the layer)

with two colors of Tim Holtz ink. Wilted Violet, and Old Paper.

You can use any dye based ink for this technique. 

After I had some ink on the acetate I sprayed it from a mister bottle that

was filled with water and a bit of interference violet Perfect Pearls. 

Next the messy part. I lifted the sprayed/inked acetate then put it on the watercolor paper. 

Used my fingers to smooch around the paper then lifted the paper. 

Used a heat tool to dry the paper. 

I wish you could see the completed piece up close. It has a shimmer

to it, that my camera is not picking up so well. 

Stamped the dried layer with different stamps. Added a few details with

Prisma pencils, and a piece of pattern paper for the wine bottle label. 

I think the favorite part of this is the vine I used for the girl's necklace. I also

like how I didn't get ink on the entire layer. 

So remember....if you are finding yourself stressed this holiday season have a glass

of wine. Works wonders! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: