Friday, December 21, 2018

Ugly Sweater, Poinsettia, and Fairy Stones


Joined a swap for the New Year, but I finished it already. 


This was an Ugly Sweater artist trading card swap. 

The doll is from a Hero Arts stamp set, called Dress Up Stamp and Cut. 

The set comes with two different doll heads/hair, greetings, faces, 

and die cuts to make dresses. (and before you ask Kym....yes this set

was purchased in November not December so I'm still okay for our challenge)! 

The sweater is from a printed panel that I fussy cut out, and added a little

Santa sticker in the center. 
The base was run through with a sweater embossing folder by SU. Then
sponged red ink, and heat embossed glitter. I think it is pretty "loud" but
still cute. 



The next one for the same swap is a Poinsettia theme. 

The top two flowers were cut from gift tags. The top one

was cut twice and layered. Then added a little gem poinsettia at the

bottom with the word delight. 

Before I added anything I ran the card with a poinsettia embossing folder by Darice. 

Next it was sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mists. Doesn't quite show up in the photo, but

it does give the base card a shimmery effect. 

Didn't have a yellow pearl so I used a yellow Sharpie marker to color in a white pearl. 





I'm thinking that my partner for this swap will be happy with both of the cards. 

Happy Winter Solstice. Tonight is the longest night of the year. 

Don't know about you, but I'm heading for the nearest Fairy stones. (Outlander reference) 

Running away to Skye
Karen


No comments: