Thursday, December 6, 2018

Holly



Back again today with another card using only things in my stamping studio.

This was team effort by Emily, and myself. 

When she was visiting she did a pencil sketch of this beautiful girl for me. 
 
I colored her with Prisma Pencils then used her as the focal point
 
for this Christmas card. 
 
Normally I don't make odd shaped cards, but the image was to large for 
 
a standard A2 envelope. 
 
So this beauty is mounted on a 6x6 inch base card. 
 
The background layer was done using a Tim Holtz Christmas stencil.
 

 
I used linen ink with the stencil. After that it was also
 
spritzed with antique pearl gold mist. 
 
And just for a little pop of color I added the red bow on her
 
neck. The patterned paper for her shirt, matches the last layer on the card. 
 
I'm very happy with this one. Showed it to Emily, and she really loved the girl's red hair. 
 
Of course now that I'm looking at the completed piece again I'm titling this one Holly. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 


 


No comments: