Friday, July 15, 2016

Happy Snowman Card, Christmas in July


Isn't this just a happy little guy? 

Punches: large oval for the hat-cut off the sides
modern label for the hat brim
tree builder punch for the arms, trim off one of the branches
eyes, and buttons owl builder punch

Nose was fussy cut from pumpkin pie cardstock

I used softly falling embossing folder with a defuser to leave

the center un-embossed for the face. 


To make a defusser. Cut cardstock to 4  x 5 1/4

You will need to cut two. 

Center a 2 inch circle punch and insert the cardstock into the punch

as far as it will go, and punch. Repeat this on the second piece of cardstock. 


Adhere the two pieces of cardstock together. 


Now we all know that each Big Shot is a bit different so you may need to adjust this for 

your machine, but for mine I used the base platform with tab 1 and tab 2. Then

 cutting mat, cardstock in embossing folder, and the defusser.

Run through the machine.

When it comes out there will be a circle space on the cardstock with no embossing.
 
This is the space where the snowman face is made. 
 
Before I attached the layer to the base card I punch two holes where I wanted 
 
the ribbon scarf to be. Then pulled the ribbon through and tied in a knot.  

Hope you enjoyed today's card. I had fun making him! But just between you 
 
and me....I don't want to see actual snow on the ground! Maybe just a little dusting for
 
Christmas then it can go away! 
 
Christmas is coming! 
Karen 

No comments: