Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mini Legal Pad Covers, Christmas is Coming!


While I was surfing the net I came 

across a very simple way to cover a mini legal pad. 

I know you will want to make one. You can 

find the pattern here

The cover takes one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. 

The only change I made to the pattern....I didn't trim

off the 1/8 inch from the 11 inch side. I left my cover at the full 11 inches. 
 
See those gold dots behind the designer paper? From the new designer acetate. I love
 
this stuff! I also used it to back the delicate ornament. The gold ribbon is also new in the catalog. 
 
Used it for the bow and the tags. Stamp set retired More Merry Messages. 


Inside view. Love the pattern for the cover as it makes a pocket for the inside. I 

covered it with the same designer paper as the outside cover "This is Christmas"


I added some long tags to put in the pocket. 

They were made with elegant tag punch. I added

some lines down the tags. I'm thinking Naughty and Nice lists!
 
 

 Here is the back view of the cover. The front of the cardstock just wraps around

to the back and is attached with sticky tape. 


Since I had another mini pad I made this cover. 

It uses a retired sewing theme set from SU, and a die cut from Tim Holtz. 

Love the very vintage sewing theme! 


Made more tags for the pocket.


Added some buttons. I think I'm going

to have to get some more pads. These would make awesome gifts! 

Christmas is coming! 
Karen


1 comment:

lovemyparrots@yahoo.com said...

awesome idea! I think I'm going to make some of those for my friends that you want to give a gift to but nothing too elaborate. I think it would be perfect!