Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sewing Themed Card


Now this was fun to make!

I got some new dies by Tim Holtz. 

The scissors, bobbin, thread, button, and spool along the side is

called Sewing Edge 

The Dress form is from another die called Sewing Room. 

I had to alter the dress form and make it a bit shorter so it would fit the card front. 

It was stamped with Dictionary background, then stenciled with Harlequin using

a long since retired SU ink Buckaroo Blue. Just love the name! 

I used that because of the patterned paper I used. 


Check it out.....1997 this paper was out. I kept it

because I always keep anything that is a sewing theme. 


Here is a inside view. I printed the words up on the computer then

cut them out to fit on the card. 

And I also carried a strip of the patterned paper to the inside. 

I have to tell you what happened to me last night. 

I would have taken photos but I was to shaken up. 

I went to plug in my mini glue gun and it exploded in my hand. 

The plug end completely blew off from the cord. Tripped the breaker and

everything went off in my stamping studio. 

Scared the heck out of me! My hand didn't get burned but I still

have black marks on it that I can't get off with soap and water. I got 

part of it off. My hand felt a bit numb after it happened. 

So I guess I need to get a new glue gun, but I think I'm going to be scared to plug it in. 

I've had that tool for years, and use it a few times a month. Never expected that to happen! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: