Monday, July 25, 2016

Mailable Monday #161



My inspiration for this card came from my garden. 

Yesterday afternoon I made pesto using my basil plants. 

I made several batches and froze them to use later during the winter months. 

Today I'll be freezing basil bombs. To do just chop the clean dry basil in a 

food processor, and drizzle a little olive oil just to coat the leaves. 

This keeps the basil from turning black. 

Fill ice cubes trays with the basil. Once frozen remove from the trays and

seal in freezer bags. One cube equals roughly 2 tablespoons of fresh basil. 

Okay back to the card. It was made using Jar of Love. Just very simple masking of 

the jar allowed the stems to be added to the jar while the rim of the jar

stayed clean. I love how you can bend the polymer stamps. Gives more options for 

creative stamping. The inside jar was lightly sponged with Island Indigo, and the stems 

were inked with Always Artichoke.

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: