Friday, July 29, 2016

VC Rocks Fun Fold Blog Hop


Welcome to VC Rocs Fun Fold Blog Hop. 

So you are looking at this snowflake card and wondering where

is the fun fold?



Just open the card and there it is! This is called an explosion card. 

Some refer to it also as a squash fold card. I learned how

to make these a very long time ago. Actually it was one of the 

first folded cards I learned to make back when I got started stamping 

in 2001. Wow! Now that is a blast from the past. 

Stamp set used Snowflake Soiree (retired)

This is the first time I used designer paper inside an explosion card.

I normally used computer paper and just did an all over stamping on it.

The designer paper is much prettier, and quicker! 

Love the black snowflakes on the "This is Christmas" specialty designer paper.



This is a corner fold card. 

Done in Bermuda Bay, white, and black cardstock. 

Stamp set Jar of Love. The string/bow stamp in the set is designed to fit

the larger jar, but it can be masked to fit the smaller jars as I've done on this jar.


Inside view. You can see how the cardstock was cut on the front of 

the card to make the fold. Just click on the photos to get a closer look at the cards.


Last up is a fancy pull out fold card. 

I used a Nice Cuppa, and matching framlits. 


Here is a side view showing the card fully open. 

I made the tea bag tag, and wrapped the string around the inside layer.

I've seen these cards before but the inside fold (part with the lemon and hearts) was

left blank. I just didn't like that broken up look, and thought it flowed better with

white cardstock on all three panels.

Hope you have enjoyed the fun folds. 

Be sure to check out the VC Rocks blog to see

what other designers have made using Fun Folds.

Stamping trails
Karen

4 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Wow! Three folds to share with everyone. I love every one of them, and it's a great idea to use that Christmas paper for an explosion card. I love the weight of it for that.

Thanks for joining in this hop!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Great cards! Haven't made an explosion card since I started in 2002. TFS!

Theresa Lukes said...

I love your cards, I really like the fold on the bottom card with the cuppa. I'll have to try that fold soon. TFS.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your cards! That is a new way to do the explosion card (for me.)